Friday, March 06, 2015

Truly Grateful

Hello
Well I have been very busy, doing all my projects for some classes I am teaching in Brisbane mid year. Also been working on some layouts for Graphic 45 as well.
They are sharing three of my layouts on their blog today. The layouts are part of an album I am making using their beautiful "Time to Flourish" Collection. I am calling it my Gratitude album.
I just love this collection, there were so many lovely images and cut outs on the papers, just waiting for me to set them free. But they are all month related.  So what else to do with 12 beautiful monthly papers and 12 beautiful floral papers? I decided to do 12 double layouts and to make an album of them. But I still wasn’t sure what theme I should use. There isn’t always a special event every month, and even if there is, all the layouts in an album need to fit together smoothly.
After a lot of thought – the idea of a gratitude album came to mind. Each month I am going to take photos of the people, places and events for which I am grateful.
I am going to do a double layout to help me remember and celebrate. Sometimes we lose track of just how blessed we are and forget those in less fortunate circumstances than our selves. Our life can seem to be hard, people can let us down. Things crowd in around us and it is easy to feel it’s all getting too much. This album it to celebrate those moments, that lift the soul and help us appreciate how grateful we are for what we have.
 
 
So I am going to share with you the layouts and you will need to head over to Graphic 45 for the full story I wrote for each month.
 
So January's layout is on my husbands family farm.
 
 
February's layout is on Anna who turned 30 this year.
 
March's layout was for an afternoon tea I held for a group of friends.
I am doing a layout for every month this year to record the people, events and moments for which I am grateful and Graphic 45 will be sharing them on their blog.
I am hoping to get them into kits with step by step instructions.
So thanks for looking.
Hugs
Jane
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments: