Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Song Bird Layout for Graphic 45

Hello Everyone
I have a layout on Graphic 45's blog today. It is one I did for CHA back in July using papers from the Song Bird Collection.
 
 As soon as I received my paper, I knew what photo I wanted to use. I have never been to Asia, but I have visited China town in San Fransisco twice. While visiting china town, I was taken with the carvings on display in the shop windows.
 
The papers from this collection are so beautiful and the colours are so strong. I used a sheet of "Tranquility" for my base. Then I added a large square of "Pearls of Wisdom" to the middle of "Tranquility". On top of the "Tranquility" piece, I added a piece of "Good Fortune".  Around the edge of it I created a border, cut from  the "Longevity" print paper. 

 
From my sheet of "Bird Song" I cut out my two birds sitting on a branch. I cut as many flowers out as possible. I used the blue banner and stamps from the sheet as well. I matted my photo in black cardstock and double matted it with metallic gold. On the side of my layout, I layered up elements cut from the print paper. I added the birds with foam tape over my photo. I used one of Graphic 45's key hole and put a brad though the keyhole. I used a handle upside down to make it look like a bird bath. I added a fan and key to finish it off.
Just love all the colours and the way it came together. I am working on my next page for my Graphic 45 book. I am doing it using the "little Darlings" print papers.
thanks for looking
Jane 

2 comments:

  1. beautiful layout, love all the metal elements :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh this is gorgeous Jane. I have just managed to get my hands on this collection - it sure is stunning! I'm loving your corners, are they chipboard? Imaginarium? Soon be time for 'page 3'... Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete