Friday, March 18, 2011

The Colour Room


The Colour Room is celebrating it's 50 colour palette. Steph Devlin asked me to have a go at doing the palette, as I have never done one before. I loved the colours in the palette so decided I would. I used white cardstock for my base and added another cardstock in the middle shade of blue. I chose one of Prima's new print papers in the lighter shade of the blue with white spots. It looked a little flat on the darker blue bazzill, so I gave it a lift by putting another white cardstock in between them. I punched the corners with a Martha Stewart punch. I cut a piece of Amy Buttler print paper to add to the layout on the right side. Over the top I place two torn pieces of one of the new Prima papers, its the one with small butterflies. I had Imaginarium Designs do me a large butterfly in chipboard. I painted it white and then sprayed it with Marshmallow Glimmermist. Once dry I painted it with rock candy crackle paint. To add some blue to the butterfly I stamp some french writing scrip all over it with a blue ink pad. I used the same ink pad to colour the frame to match. I used copic markers to colour some clear crystals from Prima to get the exact colour I wanted. I added two large white Prima flowers and again with the copic marker I coloured in two smaller white flowers. I added some skeleton leaves, a maya road pearl pin and ribbon. I used Imaginarium Designs chipboard letters for Kates name. On top of the chipboard I used some Prima felt letters. I added some glitter on top of the felt letters to give them a lift.
.

To see all the other layouts click on the link and visit the Colour Room
Any one can join this amazing group of Ladies. There is a new palette each week and you can post your layout once you join.
thanks for looking
Jane
PS Thanks to all the Ladies who joined me last Monday at Printblocks. Once again I had a great day teaching and sharing with you all.

1 comment:

  1. What a stunning layout! I love the frame and the giant butterfly

    ReplyDelete