Saturday, December 11, 2010

Its my turn on Graphic 45's Blog.


The Design Team at Graphic 45 have been doing a blog swap with Core dinations. They are the company that make embossed Card Stock. I haven't really played with this product before. So thanks to Graphic 45 for giving me the chance. It works like magic, you rub and rub and right before your eyes this embossed pattern appears giving a instant dimension to your paper. I have a thing about clocks, so I couldn't go past the black paper with the clocks hidden underneath. I use a photo of have of my darling eldest daughter and her Grandpa, sharing a quite moment together. It was take at my Mother in laws 70th birthday and with all the hustle and bustle going on around them, they seem to be quite on their own. I washed out most of the colour of the photo, but left a spot of colour on Beth's beautiful auburn hair. I then printed it out on cream criss cross bazzill to give it an aged look. I used one of the Graphic 45 papers to give me the lovely frame around the page. I also used another Graphic 45 paper to do the smaller frame around the photo.
I used some Imaginarium Designs Chipboard for my layout. The little clock was perfect for the top of my page and I found the title fitted it perfectly so I lay the two on top of each other. A larger clock was used to poke out from under the photo.
The other layout I did was on Josh. He has just started work after finishing year 12 a few weeks ago. My little man is no more, and not been my little man for quite a while. I decided to keep this layout simple and use the papers to their best. The background paper is one of the core impressions. The pattered paper has a diamond embossed layer, which when sanded shows beautiful. I rubbed an embossing ink pad all over the paper and then tipped copper embossing powder all over it. I used a paint brush to remove the copper from the diamond pattern in between the embossed diamonds. This means that the sanded diamonds have a light dusting of copper embossing powder over them. I chose another of the embossing papers which had a hounds tooth pattern on it. I sanded it and then stamped a diamond stamp and embossed it with copper embossing powder. I used some Imaginarium Designs chipboard, inked and covered with glossy ascents. I like the simplicity of the layout and the colours work well together.
thanks for looking
Jane
PS Only 46 sleeps to go.
PPS Will post another of my pages of my book tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Love them! I love the big clock peeping out from behind the photo in the first one. I've informed my husband that I want to go and visit your store and do a class some time in the new year. I'd love to do a book class, but they are a series of classes aren't they? I shall plot and plan ;)

    ReplyDelete